Monday, August 14, 2017

Water horsetail

I developed a slight rash on one finger after a walk through the woods.  I didn't remember being bitten by any insect so decided it was probably caused by something I had picked up in the forest.  There has never been poison ivy in this area since I was a kid so it probably wasn't that.  Got on the Internet and the sites I found said that the photo-dermatitis caused by wild parsnip bubbled up like a burn but didn't spread.  Gradually - over days - the bubbling was spreading.  Could be flesh-eating bacteria.  However anyone who noticed it asked if I had burned myself on the oven.  Figured that it was more likely that the Internet wasn't infallible than that I had picked up a flesh-eating bacteria.  After a week the bubbling stopped, the top skin flaked off, and I just have a light-colored scar now.  There's wild parsnip some where out there.  If I can find it again, it's gone.

No comments: