Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar Eclipse in Sleepy Eye

My brother Phil and I took a road trip today to Sleepy Eye where there is a great shop that sells stained glass.  Phil had a woodworking project calling for glass panels in the doors.  He wanted to try textured glass instead of plain panels.  (I just wanted to nose around through glass.)  We both found what we wanted before the solar eclipse (which in Sleepy Eye would only be 88%).  The shop said they would cut the glass to fit in Phil's project and had to also cut up some sheets for me.  While they worked on that Phil and I went out for lunch.  Eclipse maximum occurred when we were driving back to the shop to pick up our purchases.   As you can see it got very dark -  however windshield wipers turned out to be more effective for viewing than solar glasses.

No comments: