Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Purple Cone Flower

Lots of fog this morning so Indy and I took off for a walk in it.  Of course had to change my clothes when I got home since just walking through the stuff was enough to get everything wet.  Bopped over to have a filling fixed in my tooth.  When the hygienist cleaned my teeth last week she was afraid that an edge left on the tooth would catch when I flossed.   (Remember, that's how I lost that filling last time.) So a different dentist took a look at it, used a type of sandpaper to it, and then called in the same hygienist to see if she was happy w/ the result.  (I've got sandpaper at home.  However, since the fix was no charge just as well to let the doc do it.)  Stopped off to pick up my Christmas cards that arrived.  I always prefer getting them in August.  There are good deals and no concerns about if they will arrive in time.  Then had my hair cut and colored.  My hairdresser had just purchased a new horse so I heard all about it.  Made a mental note to myself that when talking about my pets I should be succinct and let my listener ask questions if they find the subject interesting.  Did some grocery shopping.   I was now able to make the cheese souffle I had started to make yesterday but realized, after I had measured out ingredients, that I had no milk.  My souffle's fall as soon as I bring them out of the oven so decided to whip up the egg whites to hard peaks.  Turned out not the thing to do.  Souffle actually fell while still cooking.  Tasted yummy though.  Anyway, a good day - did something, learned something, failed at something.  What more could one ask of a day?

No comments: