Tuesday, August 08, 2017

'Leaning Tower' Northwoods style


A rule when putting clothes out on the line to dry is to not place 'unmentionables' so they are in view of the whole neighborhood.  I live quite a way from the road but I still abide by this rule.  I pin my 'delicates' on the first line which is next to the house.  There are four lines which are really just one line looped back and forth through eyelets.  The line(s) are tight but have some give.  So when I hang my light microfiber sheet on the fourth line closest to the road it's still heavy enough to pull that line down a bit and up pop my panties in full view on the first line.    Placing a towel at one end of the first line and a pair of jeans on the other end is enough weight to cause the fourth line to tighten up so that all one sees from the road is the sheet - no matter what else I hang on the other lines.  Just another example of applied physics.

No comments: