Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Putting in a bench at Gorgeous Gorge


Renewed  my driver's license this morning.  It has to be done before my birthday or my license expires (not a good thing).  The inspector asked if I wanted "a real" license.  This is a mandate by the Feds for greater home security that won't take effect until 2020.  State is trying to get all licenses updated ahead of that.  It appears they just need two pieces of additional proof that I am who I claim.  Believe it or not they would accept the little piece of paper w/ my social security number that I received as a kid.  They asked then  if I had a passport.  "Yes, I do." I replied.  "But the dog ate it."  He asked to see it and I pulled out the old one and the new gnawed one.  He found this very amusing and showed it to his co-worker.  Indy had done a thorough job though and my picture and number were no longer complete enough for it to be used as ID.  Not a problem.  I pulled out an embossed birth certificate.  Again, a document w/ no picture.  Enough, however, to get me "a real" license.  A short eye test, snapping a pic that makes me look like a doofus, punching a hole in my current license, and we were done.  Came home and Phil and Brent were working hard on moving one of the benches out to Gorgeous Gorge.  It's a spot I'd like to be able to sit out, read a book, and watch the countryside.  While they worked I went to my study and signed up for the Part D  prescription supplement plan.   Already have Medicare and a medical supplemental plan ready to go when I turn 65.  Finally think I'm ready for my birthday!

1 comment:

The Sandbar said...

The bro's seem to enjoy working hard!! Nice pics!
That license thing is interesting. Wonder if we have that in Indiana?

cjb