Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Library display - Farm toys

 The newest display at the library was put in by the local Historical Society.  I had asked them to put in a display at this time since they are open every Wednesday during the summer and I hoped this would be another way to advertise for people to stop in at their office (just a block away from the library).  I almost always let people put in whatever they want to display and the society decided on old farm toys.  This area had many farms so I'm sure many people will enjoy remembering "back when."  It's also a somewhat masculine display.  Sometimes I've got knitted/crocheted articles, thimbles, cups and saucers, preserves, hats, etc. displays which, while great, aren't necessarily something men would find real interesting. Nice to have as wide a variety of collections displayed as feasible.

No comments: