Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Miterwort

After Indy and I took a walk I plopped down on the couch to watch some Judge Judy before the news started.  Everything was preempted by the local meteorologist warning about impending storms.  When I heard that a storm spotter had sighted a tornado I decided I should take precautions.  Brought in the flowers I'd potted for Memorial Day.  The other flower pots could weather the storm but these I didn't want whipped about by the wind.  Then I opened the garage door.  I noticed the emergency vehicle parked at the end of my driveway.  One likes to position itself there during big storms since it's a good vantage spot.   I drove my car into the garage.  It's true that the car is so old that hail damage probably wouldn't reduce it's resale value but it also wouldn't help it.  Then I went to the bathroom.  With this kind of storm there is always the possibility of losing power and therefore running water.  I'm not w/o experience urinating outside but it's certainly not my preferred loo.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Dawn was in New Richmond for a work meeting when the sirens went off. She ended up with hail damage. Not as bad as last time, but not good.