Sunday, January 22, 2017

Jigsaw Puzzles


 I'm in the midst of my annual jigsaw puzzle addiction.  It starts sometime in January.  I wondered what my jigsaw mania said about me.  Should I not be telling people about it because it meant I had some subconscious unresolved issues?









So I googled it.  Multiple articles came up talking about what wonderful attributes - patience, spacial understanding, being able to complete complex tasks, organizational skills, etc. - people who like to put together jigsaw puzzles exhibit.  I should have guessed that.  No published study is going to say people who like to do jigsaw puzzles are perverts or demon possessed.




I believe my urge to do jigsaw puzzles is my  reaction to not being able to get out and about in the woods in winter.   Something akin to an animal pacing in their cage in a zoo or Indy chasing her tail when she has a lot of energy built up but nothing to do.




If that's the case, then my habit seems harmless enough.  It has that remarkable quality in this day and age to be something to do that doesn't need to be plugged in or require batteries.   Getting a fix is pretty cheap and when if I get the DT's I go back to old puzzles and put them together again.


The urge to do jigsaw puzzles will abate by March.  By then I'll have problems keeping enough interest to finally finish that last puzzle.  Then all of the puzzles will be packed away and I'll wonder if next year I'll feel the same need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice theme for this Post! You had to think way ahead to have all of the pictures ready. Must be that patience thing. Lol

cjb

Rachel said...

Was the map of Bruce easy or hard?