Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve supper


Russell and Donna came over for Christmas Eve supper.  They had all of the kids over the day before at their home and tomorrow they would be at Donna's mother's so it was going to be a busy weekend for them.  For tonight's menu I decided on a recipe that my sister-in-law Sheila had given me - Sherry Beef.  I started it in the crockpot this morning.  Last year my friend Nancy had made a traditional rum cake for Christmas.  Thought that would make a good dessert.




I also made lemon poppyseed cookies to have w/ coffee.   After eating and opening gifts, Russell was falling asleep in his chair.  (Like I said, it had already been a hectic week for them.) I watched them drive off until I couldn't see the headlights anymore.  It's true that they have less than a mile to get home but w/ the sherry-rum-poppyseed combo, I didn't want them stopped by law enforcement. (ha)

No comments: