Saturday, July 09, 2016

Michigan Lily

Another beautiful day in the Northwoods.  All of my company had departed (no, that is NOT why it was a beautiful day!) so I washed all the sheets in the house and remade beds for the next guests expected tonight.  Took a hike w/ the dog and found this lily in the swamp.  Mowed the lawn.  I didn't stop this time to go around the large patches of yellow bird's foot trefoil, pink and white patches of clover, tiny white ringed plantain, or purple heal-all but instead cheerfully lopped off all their heads.  It will only take a few days for these plants to put up new flowers and my lawn will again be full of color.  After the sunset, I saw fireworks going off along the ridge.  Looks like it will be another cool clear night.  Perfect sleeping weather.

No comments: