Thursday, February 18, 2016

Hoar frost at sunrise

Finished and sent off my taxes today.  I have been concerned about how health care would affect my taxes.  Honeywell dropped it's retirees from it's health care plan at the end of 2014.  I'd looked around but the Affordable Health Care Marketplace turned out to be my only option.  When I signed up, the government decided I was poor so it supplements part of my insurance fees.   I was worried that if I made more money than I'd estimated at the beginning of the year, the government would want it's supplements back.  Not the end of the world certainly but not great either.  Fortunately my income estimate was accurate, I had the documentation I needed, and entering the data was straight forward.  No worries.  Though the real reason that I did my taxes early is because this full-time retirement gig made filling out tax forms more exciting than what I'd planned on doing.

No comments: