Friday, December 11, 2015

Library display

The new school art teacher has yet to put in a December display. Tomorrow is the village Christmas celebration and the library will be packed w/ children having their picture taken w/ Santa and playing games. So I and two Friends of the Library members met at 4 p.m. tonight w/ miscellaneous Christmas decorations and put together a display (there is also a second display case.) After we were done someone said they had heard I was quitting my job at the dairy, was that true? Without thinking I exclaimed I had already done so. Guess I was impressed that, even though I'm not in on the area grapevine, I was worthy to be a topic of discussion. A smile broadened on the face of the requester and I realized I'd made a big mistake. Yep, I was asked if I'd like to work town elections now that I'm not doing anything all day. Someday I'll learn to think before I speak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great Sue, even though you had short time to react.

Flip