Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Jewelweed (Impatiens capensis)

The county's library when I was growing up was one of those large brick buildings built w/ a Carnegie endowment. I loved going there. When a new library was built, the old building became a B&B. I stopped by and the proprietress showed me around. The tables & chairs where I used to sit and read are reused in the breakfast room. Each bedroom is decorated w/ a different literary theme. At the top of the staircase is an open sitting room surrounded by bookcases. However, if you move a certain book, part of the bookcase slides away and there is another room. Each room has extra tall windows and the original oak trim throughout. Almost makes me wish I didn't live nearby and could weekend there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always wear a wig and check in under a different name.

Rebecca